Friday evening (August 12) is the mandatory angler check in, located in Clatsop County Fairgrounds. All ladies registered must check in and pick up their gear bag.
This is a one-day Salmon tournament with the action heating up Saturday morning at first light. At the end of the day some lucky lady will walk away with $4,000 for first place, another with $2,000 for second place and $1,000 for third place. The captain of the lucky 1st place winner will also walk away with $500.
Saturday evening event will be held at the Clatsop County Fairgrounds. 92937 Walluski Loop, Astoria, Oregon 97103
The entry fee is $150 per lady until July 1st, when the price increases to $200. You can fish with anyone, a guide, husband, boyfriend, friend..it doesn’t matter. You can fish in the ocean or the river but you must have your fish tagged and back at the weigh in station no later than 5pm. The weigh in station location is at West mooring basin Astoria Oregon: 354 industry St. Astoria 97103.
• Weigh-in will be held from 2:00pm until 5:00pm, Saturday, August 13th. Tournament participants must be in the official weigh-in queue prior to the close of the weigh-in time. The participant’s legal Catch Record Card must accompany the individual and Salmon to be weighed-in as evidence that it was caught within the Tournament Rules.
• TICKETS ARE NONREFUNDABLE
• This is an “ALL WEATHER TOURNAMENT”.
• Participants are limited to one entry SALMON.
• Registration entry will close on Sunday, July 31st 2022, at 11:59pm.
• Salmon entered must be a minimum of 2.0 lbs. If, in the opinion of the executive committee, if any attempt is made to artificially enhance the weight of an entered fish, that fish and the person entering the fish WILL be immediately disqualified from this and all future Lipstick Salmon Slayers Tournament’s. The executive committee reserves the right to require any participants to a polygraph examination and by registering to compete in this event the registered participant agree to submit to a polygraph. Failure to either take a polygraph and or the failure of the polygraph will disqualify the participants’ entry into the tournament.
• ALL OREGON STATE DEPARTMENT OF FISH AND WILDLIFE RULES APPLY. Salmon entered in the Tournament MUST have been caught on Saturday, August 13th. Fish may be bled, but not gutted or cleaned for weigh-in. Only Salmon caught in the following areas are eligible to be entered in the Tournament: Buoy 10 and Pacific Ocean per ODFW regulations.
• Per ODFW regulations party fishing will be allowed. You must only tag a fish you have caught for entry into tournament.
• The Lipstick Salmon Slayers tournament and the sponsors accept no responsibility for loss, damage, injury to any boat, vehicle, equipment, participant, passenger or observer during this event. The registered participant, and all members of their party, agree to hold harmless all Tournament sponsors, advertisers, and volunteers from any and all liability in connection with this Tournament.
• Prize winners must furnish their tax identification number upon request by the Tournament prize representative(s) prior to the delivery of any prizes. Proof of purchase will be required for any prizes linked to a special prize.
• The awards dinner will be lead on Saturday, August 13th, 2022, beginning at approximately 6:00 pm at the Clatsop County Fairgrounds located at 92937 Walluski Loop, Astoria Oregon 97013. ALL PRIZES: YOU MUST BE PRESENT TO WIN – NO EXCEPTIONS.
• Contest Winners will be solely responsible for all appropriate taxes, fees and licenses. If a minor wins the contest or cash as the result of having purchased a Tournament Entry; the cash or prize shall be awarded to the participants’ legal parent or guardian and the named winner will assume sole responsibility for subsequent taxes, fees, and licenses.
• Each participant acknowledges that contact information is required on the Tournament ticket/stub and represents their true and legal contact information.
• Cash Prize awards will include: 1st – $4,000.00; 2nd – $2,000.00; 3rd – $1,000.00. Winners will be determined by 3 pre-determined mystery weights between 2lbs and 65lbs. These weights will be predetermined by an independent third party then placed in a sealed envelope and opened at the awards dinner. In the event two fish are turned in and match the winning weight the participant with the earliest recorded weight will be announced the winner. If there is no fish exactly matching the mystery weight the winning weight, will be the fish closest either above or below to the mystery weight. A captain’s prize of $500.00 will be awarded to the captain of the boat of the first place winner. Biggest salmon side pot will pay at 50% and the cost to enter is $50.00 this side pot is determined by the largest salmon caught during the tournament. You must be entered into the side pot to be eligible to win.
• Tournament Entry prices is: $150.00 initially and increases to $200 on July 1st, 2022.
• Any and all disputes, claims or protests must be in writing and must be received within 24 hours of the tournament. A ruling shall be made by the Executive Committee and shall be final and binding. The Executive Committee is made up of Del Stephens, Weddy Stephens and Megan Glass.
• Each Participant agrees to conduct themselves with honesty and integrity during all facets of the tournament including events prior to and after the fishing portion. Any unethical or illegal conduct will result in disqualification from the event, and possibility of elimination from future events.